This is a summary of the UR undertaken to test a VCA prototype with a representative cross section of users.
- The research was undertaken remotely via MS Teams with 16 organisations over a 10 week period and involving multiple iterations of an Heroku prototype.
- All the sessions were recorded with consent.
- Each session was a combination of background and context building (Discovery) and usability testing.
- The prototype used in the research sessions to underpin the usability testing was chosen from 5 options. The current UR practitioners were not involved in the selection or research process which led choice of the prototype version for testing.
- In the early stages of the research, admin users from account managed clients were interviewed to ascertain their insight.
- In the later stages, users with supervisory or managerial roles were interviewed which resulted in different needs for their different roles.