Task two

Published 3 September 2019

Export health certificate to export animals and animal products to the EU from the UK

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, find out what you need to do to export animals and animal products to member states of the European Union.

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, you will need to apply for an export health certificate (EHC).

How to apply for an export health certificate (EHC)

  1. Download Export Application Form (ET169)
  2. Find the specific EHC by searching on gov.uk/export-health-certificates
  3. Download the specific EHC
  4. Fill in both forms (you will leave some parts blank for your certifier to fill in)
  5. Email both forms to the relevant APHA email address. The APHA email addresses are listed on the Export Application Form (ET169)
  6. APHA will check your application, and send it to your certifier to fill in their parts
  7. The certifier fills in their parts, and emails the certificates back to you

The APHA sometimes updates certificates. The up to date version is on this page.

If you do not use the latest version of the certificate, APHA will not accept your application.

Guidance for exporters

Guidance for exporters on how to fill in Export Application Form (ET169)

There is guidance for certifiers and exporters for the specific EHC which is available to download on the page from which you can download the EHC.

If the UK leaves without a deal, there are other steps to take in order to export to the EU: Exporting and doing business abroad